Every Friday, I post my favourite links, posts, & resources from around the Web. Expect to learn, grow, & be inspired.
- – - – - – - – -
Finish each day and be done with it. You have done what you could. Some blunders and absurdities no doubt crept in; forget them as soon as you can. Tomorrow is a new day; begin it well and serenely and with too high a spirit to be cumbered with your old nonsense. —Ralph Waldo Emerson
1. We Have to Talk: A Step-By-Step Checklist for Difficult Conversations: I had a difficult conversation recently. This checklist made it much easier.
2. A Career Renegade Story: Howard Karp Rides Again: I loved this feel-good story for a couple of reasons. First, Howard is an awesome example of how one can actively go out & create the life of his dreams. And second, it takes place in my home state—New Jersey!
3. Say No: Excellent advice in this Tumblr post from Amber Rae about how & why it’s important to be able to say N – O.
4. Mindfulness and the Benefits of Meditation: Mindfulness & meditation should be required curriculum for grade-school children. Isn’t mental health a bit more important and/or practical than being able to find the square root of infinity? This post from Jared would be a great place to start.
5. 6 Reasons Why People Don’t Change, and What to Do About That: The key to lasting love in both romantic relationships & friendships is acceptance. If you can not accept a person—flaws & all—then perhaps it is not the right relationship for you.
Still, sometimes change is necessary & possible. This post contains good, practical advice for effecting positive change in your own life and in your relationships.
6. Feel Inadequate? How to Turn Lack into Love: Every now & then we all get the blues. When we’re feeling sullen it’s easy to get down on ourselves. I went through a bluesy spell last night. The BP oil spill has been weighing upon me heavily and causing me to second-guess myself & my own efforts to conserve our environment.
This post from Good Life Zen shares some wonderful tips about how to take those feelings of inadequacy and turn them into strength.
7. Criticism is never Personal: I’ve always been a big believer that, “What you think of me is none of my business!” Still, sometimes criticism can be stinging to the best of us. This post from the How to Be Rich & Happy blog teaches us why criticism is never personal and it’s so very true.
8. Never Forget Your Rights: Sometimes we take our rights for granted. Sometimes we forget that we have right at all. This post is an excellent reminder of the rights that we have & how we can use them to empower ourselves & create the lives of our dreams.
- – - – - – - – -
This weekend, I am headed up to the Catskill Mountains to celebrate Memorial Day with my closest friends & family. We will be camping out & enjoying delicious campfire foods around the bonfire. Can’t wait! I hope that you have a beautiful weekend full of love & light.